I am obsessed with growing my hair long. I have watched multiple tutorials, purchased tons of products, and tried everything in the book. I chopped my hair off into a graduated bob a few years ago and have regretted it ever since. After researching and trying out products, I found a few that actually work for me. Your hair will not grow 20 inches overnight, but you will notice a big change after repetition. I am not a professional hair stylist by any means. These are the things that have worked for me so I thought that I would share them with you!
- Coconut OilI am sure you have read about this, but it really does work. I try to do it as often a I can. I usually put it in my hair twice a week and just let it sit for as long as I can take it. I do not recommend heating it up. If you do heat it up, then make sure it’s only for a few seconds to soften it and not melt it. I make sure to comb my hair through before applying. I apply it deep into my roots. You will want to massage it in since that will stimulate your hair follicles. After your hair is soaked in oil, wrap it in a bath towel or you can even use a blow dryer, adding heat to penetrate it. I usually end up doing this for about 2 hours if I have the time.
- Avoid frequent washing! Dry Shampoo is your friend! Batiste is my favorite and smells really good! Target, Ulta, and all of the drugstores usually sell it. Use this for days that your hair is feeling a bit dirty.
- I use a comb instead of a brush. Less pulling and damage occur that way. You have more control over a comb.
- Omega 3 oils! The easiest way are Fish Oil Vitamins. It helps reduce dryness and itchiness that occurs to the scalp over time. Brittle hair is such a delicate nightmare!
- Multi Vitamin or Prenatal Vitamins
- Naturaltech Nourishing Hair Building Mask – I purchased this about a month ago after coloring my hair from red to brown/blonde. I needed to add nourishment to my hair and get it back to health. I use this product once a week and you only leave it in your hair for 10 minutes after you already shampoo it. I have noticed strength and life coming back to my hair.Below is a photo of what my hair looked like and what it looks like right now.
Hopefully this helped you a little!
Stay committed to growing ladies!